Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Take a deep breath, Angela....SHE CUT HER HAIR!!"



When I was a little girl, I used to complain about my mom brushing my hair to the point that she decided to cut my hair off. In my pictures from about age 4 through 7 I have VERY short boyish looking hair!!! I still get mad at my mom when we look through photos on holidays and say " why did you do that to me!" But I guess the "rats nest" in my hair everyday just got overwhelming for her so she decided to chop it!

Sophia' hair is gorgeous! She didn't have any until she was about 2 1/2 years old and since then I have let it grow out. Her hair has been down to the end of her back now for about 1 year. I have been SO Proud of the hair that I describe as the "mermaid hair". I love brushing it, seeing the wind blow in it, braiding it, and she does too. But something happened that I wasn't prepared for....

SHE CHOPPED IT! (and she kinda looks like Bon Jovi did in 1989)

My very close friend, Jamie the "Prayer Warrior", watched my girls for me yesterday afternoon and Sophia and her precious daughter Sara Joy played "Beauty Shop". So you know the story from there....."Angela, take a deep breath" she said over the phone. "Sophia and Sara Joy cut thier hair!" I didn't realize how angry, sad and scared those words would have ever made me. I have become so protective and almost Vain over Sophia's hair. I have always wanted the little girl with the long beautiful hair b/c I didn't have that! Well it became an "Idol" in my life and hadn't even realized it.

"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of ANYTHING in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below." Ex 20:3-4

This hit me very hard. After my prayer warrior friend asked me where my heart was in this circumstance, I was reminded that I was the one who needed to learn something from this..."Why did I react out of anger when I heard she cut her hair". Truth is, I had let Sophia's hair become and idol (as weird as that sounds) and a deep heart issue was brought to surface...Rethink all the things in life that may have become in front of your LOVING GOD! My foundation once again was rocked and shifted and my frames are joyfully being rebuilt!

Thank you, sweet Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Angela you are truly an amazing writer/woman. I enjoy reading your blog and your sincerity.
    Makes me re think a few things in my life.

    Love,
    Kaire

    ReplyDelete

Queen Bee in the Kitchen

My photo
alabama, United States
A believer in Christ, a wife, a mom, !