Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Drill Baby, Drill

So it happened again. I went to the dentist and I have more cavities. It is no longer a shock when I go in and they tell me "You have cavities". Not cavity...CAVITIES! Six, to be exact. You are reading this about a girl who brushes and flosses 2x a day if not more! And this news of cavities has become my routine every 6 months at Dr. King's office. My husband who doesn't do near the care on his mouth has ZERO CAVITIES! He's never had to have the needle the size of Alabama in his mouth or the "break the iceberg" drill in his teeth. But I have...too many times to count.

So, I figure that since I am doomed for cavities in my mouth...here is a fantastic recipe filled with sweetness in rebellion to my "gonna happen anyway" cavities!!!

Bee Nutty Choco-Chip Cookies:
  • 1/2 cup honey (local please :)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 6 oz. chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Combine honey, peanut butter, butter and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Combine flour, soda and salt; mix well. Stir into peanut butter mixture. Stir in chocolate morsels and peanuts. Using a 1/4 cup measure for each cookie, drop onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Bake at 350°F 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to rack and cool.



If you make it...let me know what you think! :)

Now for my face to wake up and not be numb so I can eat this honey/brown sugar filled cookie....





:)

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure we are not related??? I ALWAYS have cavitites!!! And...my hubby...who does nothing but brush his teeth...has not one! Wait til the girls start going...and the dentist teaches them how important it is to take care of their teeth so they don't get cavities...the same thing you've been telling them since they could stick that toothbrush in their mouth...you all go in for a cleaning and check up...and they are cavitiy free...yay!! Then they turn to you and say..."Do you have any cavitites, Mommy?" Ummm...well....who wants a lollipop?!?
    P.S. Can I borrow your copy of Steel Magnolias;P

    ReplyDelete

Queen Bee in the Kitchen

My photo
alabama, United States
A believer in Christ, a wife, a mom, !