Congrats to Mellisa Fallon Aversa for being the winner of the Harry and David Pears!! Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your shipping address!
Since pears was the giveaway and my mouth is watering thinking about them, here is a Roasted Pear Crisp recipe that is full of goodness...but Mellisa those Harry and David pears are too good by them selves!!!
Here's to beginning my sweet diet!!!
Roasted Pear Crisp
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter, plus extra for brushing
- 3 Tbsp. raisins
- 4 pears
- honey and yogurt for topping
- Mix together oats, brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter then raisins.
- Cut pears in half, leaving skin intact. Scoop out the core with a small spoon.
- Lay pears, skin side down, in a baking pan. Brush lightly with butter.
- Heap oat mixture onto pears, pressing to make sure it stays in place.
- Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for 20-25 min. until pears are soft and oats are browned.
- Drizzle warm pears with honey and serve with yogurt or ice cream!
Queen Bee in the Kitchen