Saturday, November 7, 2009

To everything there is a season...


I went to take the trash out this morning and noticed "our Charlotte" was not gracefully hanging in the center of her web. This has become a normal site for us for the past two months. I noticed yesterday something wasn't right with her. She was kind of "coiled" up. Her legs are usually spread wide and she looked enormous!

But today was a different day....

I looked on the ground around her web and there she was.

Barely alive.

My heart hurt.

This pretty, creepy, thing had kind of become an attraction for our family, friends, and those of you who check in on my blog. My girls and I are so sad. We had a little goodbye for her and put her on a leaf under my tea rose bushes that are about to bloom again. This is what came to mind...

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


My five year old asked me if she was going to the "Spider God". (I love my girl!) "No, I said." Perfect chance to tell her how OUR great God made that great big spider for us to look at and enjoy for the past few months. But, how we are only here for a precious time and then we go back to Jesus...where we will live forever and there will be no more death. She liked that. She asked if we would see "our Charlotte" in heaven. "Yes" I replied. The way I figure it is, even if that may or may not be true...I have a feeling when we get to heaven and are standing with our savior, we may not remember the "death of our Charlotte", but I am certain will remember the promises of our Great God, and rejoice in the eternal life with Him.

1 comment:

Queen Bee in the Kitchen

My photo
alabama, United States
A believer in Christ, a wife, a mom, !