Monday, November 23, 2009

Honey Pecan Pie


I can't help it. If it is front of me, I will take a bite...slice...half...okay maybe eat the whole thing.

Honey Pecan Pie!!!!

Is that bad??

I have a lot of things in the works for "Queen Bee in the Kitchen" coming soon to your computer.

Stay in touch with my blog, or if you are on twitter, follow me :)

You'll be happy you did...promise.


I'll be posting recipes with honey this week to make your holiday meal sweeter!



Happy Thanksgiving and love,

Queen Bee in the Kitchen


Honey Pecan Pie

Ingredients

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
  • TOPPING:
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1-1/2 cups pecan halves

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
  • In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and honey until combined. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Spoon over pie.
  • Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Queen Bee in the Kitchen

My photo
alabama, United States
A believer in Christ, a wife, a mom, !