Monday, October 12, 2009

Irene


So one of my closest friends found out that she has breast cancer. What is it about hearing that word that makes us women feel like curling up under a blanket forever, or makes our heart sink into our stomach and FEAR enters every inch of our body. Well my friend Irene is different. She is another home school mom of 3 beautiful girls under the age of 6. She and her husband, Tim, live in the coolest "shabby chic" cottage at lake Harding in Alabama. She changes paint colors in her house like I change diets, and everything that decorates her house is homemade or a hand-me-down. She makes everyone laugh. When she found out she had breast cancer, we were all devastated. But she wasn't. Here is a little clip of her email she sent out...

"It is cancer...Our emotions are all over the place and we shoveled down our Cracker Barrel because we both kept crying off and on and the tables beside us were trying hard not to stare. Then we both got tickled and I was afraid I'd spew sweet tea out my nose so we bolted. I am so thankful Tim and I have a quiet house to come home to and can get some rest and he can fish. ;-)
"I told Tim that if I'm bald by Christmas I'd definitely send out an e-Christmas-card with a family picture that says "and to think, I used to be self-conscious about the size of my nose"....heehee!!! He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did and when I saw the stress, concern and pain on his face, I realized that the hardest part of all of this is knowing something going on with me is deeply hurting and affecting my family. I covet your prayers."

See, it is GRACE...

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

I never really listen to that song because whenever it comes on I just start to cry. ( I know you know what I am talking about.) And "GRACE MY FEARS RELIEVED." Well there it is. We live under Him, grace, love, peace...and the list goes on and on.



Irene is living on Psalm 34 right now and here is a clip....

I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.

2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

I am praising the LORD with her. HE IS SO GOOD.

I'll keep you posted on her progress...




1 comment:

  1. I will join you in prayer for Irene. Three years ago, I was in stage 3 breast cancer myself. God gave me such a peace...a peace that definitely passed my understanding. Hearing her describe the pain that those who love her are dealing with was like pressing a rewind button on my experience. They are in my prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete

Queen Bee in the Kitchen

My photo
alabama, United States
A believer in Christ, a wife, a mom, !